A quick, elegant dessert that takes less than 30 minutes to put together, my Easy No Bake Lime Cheesecake makes entertaining a breeze.
Your guests will never guess just how easy this elegant Easy No Bake Lime Cheesecake is to make – unless you decide to share the delicious secret with them. The work of less than thirty minutes, I’ve been serving my no bake lime cheesecake to guests for over ten years – ever since I was inspired by a recipe on a television advertisement.
Don’t miss out!
Become a subscriber to keep up to date & get bonus content.
Click here to sign up.
The main ingredient in my Easy No Bake Lime Cheesecake is mascarpone cheese. Mascarpone is a thick, soft creamed cow’s milk cheese which originated in Italy. It’s used in the classic Italian dessert Tiramisu as well as in savoury sauces. Slightly thicker than traditional cream cheese and beautifully spreadable, mascarpone has a seriously high fat content but its great taste and texture make it worth every single calorie.
Love cheesecake? You won’t want to miss these delicious cheesecake recipes!
Very Versatile Easy No Bake Lime Cheesecake
I love this recipe for so many reasons, not least of all because it is so very adaptable. Use graham crackers or digestive biscuits for the cookie crust instead of ginger cookies. Swap out the Cointreau for another liqueur. Limoncello works well here as does Grand Mariner or Triple Sec. Vary the decorations – strawberries and raspberries are a beautiful contrast to the beautiful pale green of this dessert – or grate some good dark chocolate over top as an homage to the classic British candy, chocolate limes. Or for a change, try my Easy No Bake Orange Cheesecake.
Easy, versatile and oh so delicious – be sure to add my Easy No Bake Lime Cheesecake to your repetoire of quick, elegant and indulgent desserts.
Easy No Bake Lime Cheesecake Recipe
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1- 8oz (200 gram) package of ginger cookies, crushed (about 20 cookies)
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup confectioner's sugar (icing sugar)
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- Mix the melted butter with the crushed cookies and press into the base of a 7 inch (18 cm) loose bottomed cake tin. Put in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, zest the limes with a fine grater and squeeze the juice from them.
- In an electric mixer, beat together the mascarpone cheese, confectioner's sugar, lime juice, zest and Cointreau.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the cookie base.
- Chill for at least an hour or for up to 12 hours.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake tin and carefully remove the sides.
- Decorate the cheesecake with fruit or chocolate if desired.
- Slice and serve.
More Easy Desserts