This is a sponsored recipe post in partnership with Hello Fresh. All opinions are my own. All photos courtesy of Hello Fresh.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced home cook, we can all use some help in the kitchen from time to time. This is especially true during busy times in our lives like the holiday season.
How wonderful would it be to have everything you need to prepare your meals arrive at your door, along with clear recipe instructions? Menu planning is easy and there is no queuing in the supermarket either. With Hello Fresh Recipe Boxes, cooking every day meals can be a much more relaxing experience.
Hello Fresh Recipe Boxes
Hello Fresh deliver simple recipes and delicious, fresh ingredients to your door each week.
Whether you are gluten free, vegetarian or someone who has very little time to cook, there are plenty of choices. Select between 3 and 5 recipes from Hello Fresh’s exciting weekly menu. The subscription can be customised to you and your family, and it’s easy to skip a week or two if you need to.
Festive Pan Fried Turkey, Aubergine Tagliatelle, Paneer and Sweet Potato Curry are just a few of the choices on offer right now. One of my favourites is this healthy, warmly spiced Cajun Cod recipe, a deliciously simple solution to what’s for dinner!
Cajun Cod Recipe
You can also find this Cajun Cod Recipe on the Hello Fresh website, along with step by step photographs. You can even adjust the recipe for 2, 3 or 4 servings. There’s a printable recipe below.
Hot and sweet Cajun spices hail from America’s Deep South and bring a delicious warmth Hello Fresh’s Cajun Cod recipe. It’s made with cod and hearty roast sweet potatoes, warming spices, fresh rocket, tomatoes and a cooling avocado crema that is the prefect foil to the sweet heat of the Cajun spice. I love it when delicious is quick, easy and healthy too!
Hello Fresh – Dinner is solved.
Hello Fresh’s Cajun Cod – Printable Recipe
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 lime
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro)
- 1 avocado
- 16 grams plain flour
- 1 pot sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons Cajun Spice
- 2 cod fillets
- 1 bag Rocket (arugula)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Chop the sweet potato into 2 cm chunks (no need to peel!).
- Place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with a splash of oil and season with salt and pepper. Rub the seasonings into the sweet potato.
- Roast on the top shelf of the oven 20 - 25 minutes until soft and browned at the edges, turning half way through cooking.
- Remove any stalks from the cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise, Place in a bowl.
- Season with salt. This will draw the juices out of the tomatoes and create a delicious base for the dressing.
- Grate in the zest of half the lime and add a good glug of olive oil.
- Roughly chop the coriander and add half to the tomatoes.
- Stir the tomatoes, cover and keep to one side.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise. Twist apart and remove the stone. Slip a spoon around the edge of the flesh of the avocado to pop it out of the skin.
- To make the Crema, chop half the avocado into small chunks and place in a bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado to a smooth paste and add a squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of salt. Stir in the sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Chop the other half of the avocado into 2 cm chunks and toss it into the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the Cajun blackening spice and a good pinch of salt.
- Add the fish to the bowl and coat in the flour.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cod to the pan skin side down and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn the cod over and cook for 5 minutes, until golden. The fish is cooked when the centre is opaque.
- When the potatoes and fish are both cooked, you can get ready to plate everything up.
- Divide the rocket between two plates, covering the whole base of the plate.
- Nestle the sweet potato chunks in the rocket.
- Lay the cod in the centre.
- Spoon the tomatoes and juices around and over the fish.
- Drizzle with the avocado crema and sprinkle with the remaining coriander.
- Serve and enjoy!