If you love crab and spring vegetables, you will definitely love this Crab Linguine recipe. It’s fast, easy and so delicious, making it perfect for any dinner for two. It’s also easily doubled to make a main dish that’s perfect for entertaining.
I love to make crab linguine with asparagus, but when it’s out of season or too expensive, I simply add some frozen peas to the pasta a few minutes before the end of the cooking time instead.
Quick and Easy Crab Linguine Recipe
This Crab Linguine recipe is incredibly easy and is literally the work of moments to put together. This is mainly because I use crab meat that has already been cooked and separated. Preparing crab can be quite a long, drawn out process and frankly I can’t face the idea of cooking a live crab. I can buy fresh crab meat quite easily in my local grocery store, but you can also use canned or frozen pre-cooked crab for this recipe if fresh is not available locally. If you use frozen crab be sure to defrost it first and thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
Many people use both white and brown crab meat for Crab Linguine. I am not a fan of brown crab meat so I use only the white. As I can buy it separately so there is absolutely no waste. You can of course use both brown and white crab meat if you prefer.
A Great Date Night Recipe
Crab Linguine is a perfect date night recipe as it makes enough to serve two generously. In addition, its quick preparation and easy clean up make it perfect for dinner à deux. While one person is preparing, the other can set the table, light some candles and pour two glasses of chilled white wine. Then all you have to do is sit down together, relax and enjoy the meal. I suggest some fresh strawberries and cream for dessert. I will leave the rest of the evening up to you!
Crab Linguine – Printable Recipe
- 1 large bunch of asparagus or about ⅓ cup of frozen peas a good handful
- a generous handful of linguine use gluten free pasta to make the recipe gluten free
- 3 tablespoons good mild olive oil divided
- 1 red pepper washed and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed or 1 teaspoon Very Lazy Garlic
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 ounces cooked white crab meat flaked
- 4 scallions spring onions, finely sliced
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash and drain the asparagus, snapping off the woody ends, if using.
- Cut each spear of asparagus in two or three pieces, depending on how long they are.
- Cook the linguine in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Add the asparagus or frozen peas 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the diced red pepper for two or three minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for a minute, stirring almost constantly.
- Pour the lemon juice over and toss in the lemon rind.
- Stir and cook for a moment or two.
- Add the crab meat, scallions and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, along with a twist or two of freshly ground pepper.
- Remove a couple of ladles of pasta water from the pasta pan and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus and return it to the saucepan.
- Stir in half of the crab 'sauce' (it's easiest to use two forks and kind of 'toss' it in), adding a bit of the pasta water to help make the 'sauce' mix in more easily.
- Divide the mixture between two or three warmed bowls or plates, topping each serving with a portion of the remaining crab sauce.