We are definitely dreaming of summer here in the UK! After what seems like an awful lot of rain and quite cool weather, we are finally seeing some sunshine. Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Link Party!
The Hearth and Soul Link Party welcomes family friendly blog posts about anything to feed the soul. Things that feed the soul may include (but are not limited to) recipes, decorating, crafts, family, home, DIY, organization, travel, book reviews, the arts and self improvement.
What’s Been Happening?
It’s the season of long weekends. I’m sorry, last weekend I forgot to say Happy Victoria Day Weekend to all my fellow Canadians! I hope everyone who was celebrating had a great time. I’m wishing everyone in the US a good Memorial Day Weekend and a fabulous Spring Bank Holiday to all the folks here in the UK.
I know Memorial Day signals the start of summer in the US but as I mentioned, we are still dreaming of summer here in the UK! I’m really excited for long days in the garden and summer afternoon teas. Speaking of which, there are still places left on my Summer Afternoon Tea Workshop on June 12th.
I will share ideas for summer afternoon teas and discuss some easy recipes you can use. We will then have a bake along when I will show you how to make my Grandma Ruby’s Easy Orange and Raisin Scones and Snow Bars, a vintage recipe for dainty meringue-topped squares that are perfect for afternoon tea. Find out more and book a place here.
Has anyone else found themselves feeling a bit less than inspired in the kitchen?
Don’t miss these 5 Easy Ways To Fall Back In Love With Cooking Again!
Just in time for summer entertaining, I’m sharing lots of easy recipes, starting with one of my favourites.
Everyone always used to ask my Mom to bring her Old Fashioned Coleslaw Recipe to family gatherings, picnics and potlucks. It’s still my favourite coleslaw recipe. And for dessert….
Gooseberry Fool is a classic British recipe that is easy to make and always popular. I love to serve it in pretty crystal glasses or vintage teacups. In the blog I also share more about this lesser known fruit and delicious ways to use it.
Thank you all for sharing your lovely, inspiring content!
Dreaming of Summer Featured Posts
Dreaming of summer featured posts include:-
Priyam of Simple Joys shared a Paper Cut Flower Bouquet that would make a lovely summer decoration or gift.
Summer salads are one of my favourite things about this lovely season. CJ of Morsels of Life brought a healthy, full of flavour Peanut Lime and Cucumber Salad to the party last week.
Penny of Penny’s Vintage Treasures has given A New Look To The She Shed, making it a great place for dreaming of summer.
Lazy Budget Chef explains How to Dry Fresh Herbs Without a Dehydrator to help you preserve summer’s bounty for later in the year.
The Hearth and Soul Link Party
- Please do not link to anything except blog posts. Please share the permalink to your blog post, and not to the home page of your blog.
- Linking your blog posts here means you consent to me sharing as many of them as I can on Pinterest, Twitter, and both my own Facebook page and The Hearth and Soul Facebook Page and featuring them on my blog with photographs from the post.
- By submitting a post to the link party here, you assert that you own the content and photographs and therefore can give me the above permission.
- It’s easier for me to publicise your posts if you have social media share buttons on your blog.
- There are buttons at the top and bottom of this post to help you bring Hearth and Soul to the attention of your friends and followers. I really appreciate it when you do!
What will you share with the party this week? I look forward to visiting your blogs!