Hello and welcome to the Hearth and Soul Link Party! Whether it’s your birthday month (as it is mine) or you simply see it as the half-way point in the year, June is a great month for taking stock and getting back on track. It’s also a wonderful time to embrace the relaxing pace of summer. After everything that has been going on, I think we all deserve a little relaxation!
The Hearth and Soul Link Party welcomes family friendly blog posts about anything to feed the soul. Things that feed the soul may include (but are not limited to) recipes, decorating, crafts, family, home, DIY, organization, travel, book reviews, the arts and self improvement.
What’s Been Happening?
There are still a few places left on my Vintage Summer Afternoon Tea Workshop next Saturday June 12th. Please do get in touch soon if you would like to book one of the remaining spaces.
I’ve been taking stock of the website, and getting lots of new content ready to share, as well as updating and highlighting some of my favourite posts from the past. I hate to think of good content languishing in the archives!
This vintage recipe for my Auntie’s Old-Fashioned Spice Cake has been in my family for four generations. It is mildly but warmly spiced, perfect for celebrations, entertaining or just with a cup of tea. There’s a Gluten Free version of Auntie’s Old-Fashioned Spice Cake too!
Thank you all for your support of Hearth and Soul!
Taking Stock Featured Posts
Taking stock featured posts (from top left, clockwise):-
Tee of Tee Diddly Dee shared a beautiful DIY Rustic Hat Box Wedding Card Holder. I love this idea – plus I think it has lots of potential for adaptation for different celebrations.
If part of taking stock involves healthy eating resolutions, you may enjoy Ang’s blog post from her blog Lose Weight with Ang – How To Treat Yourself Without Using Food.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake from Butter with a Side of Bread would make a lovely dessert at a summer birthday party.
Journaling can definitely help with taking stock and Maria at The Krafty Planner has some excellent Daily Journaling Prompts for June.
The Hearth and Soul Link Party
- Please share the permalink to your blog post, and not to the home page of your blog. Please do not link to anything except blog posts.
- Linking your blog posts here means you consent to me sharing as many of them as I can on Pinterest, Twitter, and both my own Facebook page and The Hearth and Soul Facebook Page and featuring them on my blog with photographs from the post.
- By submitting a post to the link party here, you assert that you own the content and photographs and give me permission to share.
- It’s easier for me to publicise your posts if you have social media share buttons on your blog.
- There are buttons at the top and bottom of this post to help you bring Hearth and Soul to the attention of your friends and followers. I really appreciate it when you do!
What will you share with Hearth and Soul? Take care and I hope you have a wonderful week!