I have always been a planner, but this summer I’m trying to focus on taking things as they come as much as I can. Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Link Party!
The Hearth and Soul Link Party welcomes family friendly blog posts about anything to feed the soul. Things that feed the soul may include (but are not limited to) recipes, decorating, crafts, family, home, DIY, organization, travel, book reviews, the arts and self improvement.
What’s Been Happening?
While I may be taking things as they come in my personal life, work-wise I have been super busy planning ahead for August onwards. Being a blogger is a bit like writing a magazine, so I’m actually thinking as far forward as Christmas!
There are lots more lifestyle and travel posts as well as more online cooking classes in the pipeline, plus as a few more new developments I’m excited to share with you in due course. There will be lots more new recipes coming soon too.
Last week, I shared a collection of recipes inspired by some very hot weather.
This collection of easy salad recipes offers delicious options all year round, but they are especially timely if you are having hot weather like we did last week. Salads are great if you are taking things as they come. So many of them can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge, making it easy to throw together a delicious lunch or dinner at short notice.
I still bake in the hot weather, but I usually make recipes that bake for a shorter period of time, like cookies. And who doesn’t love cookies?
My Orange and Pecan Slice and Bake Cookies only take about 10 minutes to bake and they really are delightful with a glass of milk, coffee or tea (hot or iced).
Thank you all for sharing your wonderful content. Unfortunately, time just doesn’t allow for me to comment on every single post, but I visit, comment on, and/or share as many posts as I can every week.
Taking Things As They Come Featured Posts
Jean at Delightful Repast shares some wonderful memories of the inimitable Julia Child as well as a recipe for Classic Vegetable Quiche in her contribution to Hearth and Soul this week.
Taking things as they come is easy when you have your wardrobe sorted. Pamela of Style Yourself Confident makes packing easy with a Navy Capsule Wardrobe perfect for summer.
Nancy of Colors 4 Health offers some great suggestions for Frugal Ways to Live Greener and Healtheir at Home.
Brittany of Mom. Wife. Busy Life. shared a great recipe to use up leftover mashed potatoes deliciously. These kid-friendly Easy Cheesy Potato Pancakes would be great as a side or just on their own!
Here we go!
The Hearth and Soul Link Party
- Please share the permalink to your blog post, and not to the home page of your blog. Do not link to anything except blog posts.
- Linking your blog posts here means you consent to me sharing as many of them as I can on Pinterest, Twitter, and both my own Facebook page and The Hearth and Soul Facebook Page and featuring them on my blog with photographs from the post.
- By submitting a post to the link party here, you assert that you own the content and photographs and give me permission to share.
- It’s easier for me to publicise your posts if you have social media share buttons on your blog.
- There are buttons at the top and bottom of this post to help you bring Hearth and Soul to the attention of your friends and followers. I really appreciate it when you do!
Have a wonderful week!