Homemade Coleslaw – My Mom’s Recipe
A family recipe for a deliciously different coleslaw, fresh, crunchy and flavourful
- 6 cups shredded red and green cabbage
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup Hellmann’s Extra Light Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Wash and shred the cabbages.
Wash and grate the carrots.
Put all the shredded and grated vegetables in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, parsley, celery salt and ground pepper together thoroughly with a whisk.
Add the dressing to the shredded cabbages and grated carrots and toss thoroughly.
Cover and place in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
Toss again before serving.