As part of my 12th Blogiversary celebrations I have asked some of my blogging friends to share guest posts here on AprilJHarris.com. Today I’m excited to welcome Kecia of Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough. I have been a fan of Kecia’s blog for a long time and I was happy to ‘meet’ her virtually through one of my Facebook groups not so long ago. Kecia shares all sorts of delicious recipes on her blog and I’m thrilled that she has agreed to come and share a recipe here with us today. Over to Kecia!
I was invited to do this guest post for April and I am thrilled to help her celebrate her 12th Blogiversary! How exciting is that! I wanted to make sure that what I made for her was absolutely perfect and pretty, too! One of my favorite things to make and create are new sandwiches that are unique and fun. I know this Autumn Grilled Turkey Sandwich will be fantastic, the combination of the sweet of the apples with the salty of the bacon and tang of the marinade! Yum! I can’t wait to share it! My Honey actually said this one was one of my best yet!
Congratulations April and I hope you have another fantastic 12 years ahead with your wonderful blog! Thank you for having me.
- 8 turkey breast cutlets (the ones I purchased were small)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- A few red onion rings
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of multi grain bread
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Place cutlets in a shallow dish.
- Mix together olive oil, apple juice, and vinegar, sage, thyme, and oregano, salt and onion powder. Marinate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place cutlets on grill, cook for 5 minutes, and flip cook an additional five minutes.
- Flip again and top with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Grill until melted.
- To assemble each sandwich, place half a tablespoon of mayonnaise on bottom slice of bread.
- Place a couple of red onion slices on top of mayonnaise.
- Next place cutlet on the onion and top with two of the bacon slices for each sandwich.
- Top with a few slices of the apple.
- Spread the rest of the mayo on the top slice of bread and place on top of the apple slices.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
Thank you so much to Kecia for being my guest and sharing this wonderful Autumn Grilled Turkey Sandwich here with us today. It’s perfect for this time of year and I look forward to giving it a try! Visit Kecia at her blog and on social media for lots more wonderful recipes –
Social Media Links:
More delicious guest posts: