Looking for the flavour of nachos the quick and easy way? Try this Quick and Easy Nacho Dip! It’s the work of moments and looks gorgeous on a buffet. I do feel obliged to warn you though, it’s absolutely addictive!
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive commission from purchases made via links in this post. As an Amazon Associate I receive commissions from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure policy.
This Quick and EasyNacho Dip recipe comes via my lovely cousin Dawn. I have fond memories of this yummy appetizer at family get togethers in Canada. Dawn often brings the ingredients in a cooler and assembles the dip on location just before serving so there’s no worries about it spilling during transportation. We both like to use a pyrex tart dish to serve the dip.
Quick and Easy Nacho Dip – A Flexible Recipe
You can tailor the recipe to your family by choosing ingredients to suit your tastes and dietary requirements. The measurements are a guide – you can make more or less dip depending on how many people you are serving.
Low fat cream cheese and yogurt work just as well as the full fat varieties in this recipe. Use homemade or store-bought salsa, mild or spicy to suit your tastes. Using two cheddar cheeses as shown in the photograph makes the dip look really colourful but you can use whatever hard cheeses you like best. If you want to make things really spicy, use shredded Pepper Jack cheese.
How To Serve
You can serve Quick and Easy Nacho Dip with tortilla chips, crackers or crudités (carrot and celery sticks or other sliced vegetables). I like to offer a selection of dipping options so there is something for everyone.
I am always amazed by how quickly this recipe comes together and how fast it always disappears! The best thing about this Quick and Easy Nacho Dip is that you probably have most of the ingredients already on hand. It’s perfect for bring a dish events, last-minute entertaining or a game day treat.
Easy Nacho Dip – Printable Recipe
Easy and Delicious Nacho Dip
- 2 small packages of cream cheese or use 1 large package
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 to 2½ cups of your favourite tomato salsa Generally, this is about 2 medium containers of salsa. I generally use the Doritos jars.
- 1½ to 2 cups shredded cheese
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the yogurt.
- Spread in the bottom of a pie plate or tart dish, roughly 27 cm in diameter and about 3.5 cm deep (that's roughly 10 inches in diameter and 1½ inches deep).
- Spread the salsa over top.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips or sliced veggies.