Although I was an only child, I had lots of cousins. We were always very close and we used to see a lot of each other when we were growing up in Canada. I’m really lucky that I still get to see most of them fairly frequently despite living 3,500 miles away, but even if lots of time has gone by between visits it’s just like we’ve never been apart.
That’s me with my three of my cousins on the shores of Lake Huron a couple of summers ago. My cousin Esther is on the far left, then it’s Linda, myself and Dawn. This Easy Nacho Dip is Dawn’s recipe.
Dawn brought her Easy Nacho Dip for the buffet the day this picture was taken. There were about thirty of us there that day and the dip disappeared in record time. Dawn brought the ingredients for the dip separately and I watched her assemble it after she arrived. It was the work of moments and the dip looked so appetizing. Dawn recommends using two different colour cheeses for the topping if you can to make it look even prettier.
Dawn’s gorgeous, easy to make Nacho Dip is perfect for a game day snack, buffet or cocktail party. The best part is, you probably already have all the ingredients on hand.
- 2 small packages of Philadelphia cream cheese or 1 large one
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 to 2½ cups of your favourite tomato salsa
- 1½ to 2 cups shredded cheese - cheddar and / or Pepper Jack work well
- Tortilla chips and fresh cut up vegetables, to serve
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the yogurt.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a pie plate.
- Spread the salsa over top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the shredded cheese.