I originally published this recipe back in 2010, when I made it with a balsamic dressing. However recently I have begun working with my dear friend Naomi Darbishire of Agnes Rose, who makes the most beautiful infused oils and vinegars. I made a new vinaigrette using her strawberry and strawberry and mint vinegars and it took this salad from delicious to quite simply sublime. If you cannot get these lovely vinegars, good balsamic vinegar works beautifully too.
It’s the perfect salad for a summer buffet or light lunch, and such a treat this time of year when you can get beautiful fresh, local strawberries. You can also see the recipe on the Agnes Rose website.
Strawberry and Macadamia Nut Salad
- 4 to 5 cups mixed salad leaves washed
- 15 - 20 large strawberries washed and sliced
- 2 handfuls of macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons strawberry OR strawberry and mint OR balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- Shake the olive oil, vinegar and honey together in a clean jam jar.
- Set aside a few of the strawberry slices and nuts for garnish.
- Toss the salad leaves and the remaining strawberries and nuts together in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss again.
- Scatter with the reserved strawberries and nuts.
- If you like, you can divide the salad between four plates and garnish them individually.
This is not a sponsored post. I received samples of Agnes Rose vinegars for testing purposes, but was not compensated in any other way for this post.
Shared with The Mumsnet Spring Food Round-up